Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday 31 October 2011

Open House Last Day

Yesterday was the last day of Canterbury Festival. It coincided with the beginning of winter time. We usually gets a sort of jet lag when clocks change. We had an extra one hour before opening, so we had a pizza for lunch. Well, it was before eleven, but it would have been about noon a day before. That's our logic! 

Solar Power front
Backside is also decorated!
We had a nice day at our Open House. Art lovers visited us, and we had interesting conversation. I also heard about other open houses they had visited earlier. I only wish I could go to see them too!

A lady chose 'The sun', which I had called 'Solar Power'. Solar power sounds a bit like solar panels so official title is 'The Sun'. After firing this at stoneware temperature, I used enamel paint, layered several times to gain rich deep colours, and fired it in the oven at lower temperature again. It took me a long time to decorate. It took me even a longer time to clean the oven before firing! I am happy with how he looks. He doesn't show any hint of negativeness.

The image of him has been with me for a long time, about 10 years, I suppose. He is definitely one of my DoGoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment