Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Wednesday 19 December 2012

Handmade cards

Hello everyone. Today was meant to be the last day in the studio before the holidays, but I didn't go. The technician who was supposed to be there sent me email this morning; she is down with flu. So my holiday started one day early, unexpectedly. That might be as well. I feel I am catching a cold, too. It was a dark, cold, damp miserable day here in Canterbury. I planned to do tidying up and cleaning. I did a bit, but a little bit. : ) Instead, I wrote a long email to a friend in U.S., read some blogs, twitters and news. One lovely news was that the whippet has arrived safely to a lovely whippet lover's home in Canada. Bravo!
This whippet crossed the ocean safely! 
I also delivered Christmas cards to neighbours, with the dogs, Topaz and Pearl. One of them are a retired graphic designer couple. The husband bought two of my chameleons for himself and a large one for his grandson. They have given me good advice on branding, which I really appreciate. For them, I made another chameleon card. (Last Thursday I made several chameleon cards for my family and friends in Japan because I misplaced Christmas cards (since then I found them in Mike's desk!). This is one of the first ones I made. I have improved the design since, but you can see what they are like. I found making cards fun!
My chameleon card
Handmade card for a friend. 
I also have a couple of ceramics fired and need to be taken photos of. This is one of my new rabbit bowls, but cobalt oxide ran under the clear glaze. It needs a bit of adjustment.

the clear glaze fluxed too much. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment