Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday 24 December 2012

Little helpers, the tree and lots of sweets

Hello everyone. Mike, I and our dogs, Topaz and Pearl went to the post office to send the final post from my Etsy shop before Christmas. It is nice to have Mike and Pearl to walk with; I usually only take Topaz with me. The last post was a beautiful milky white whippet. I hope it will travel safely and get to the nice lady in Devon before the New Years Day.
Midori's little helpers. Pearl, Mike and topaz from left.

Me too! (Pumpkin the chicken) 
 Mike was excited to find his childhood favourite film, Lady and the tramp, is on TV this evening. We sat comfortably on the sofa and watched it. I cried at the end. Then we watched The snowman and the snowdog. It was nicely made, and we both cried a lot at the end. There are lots of good films for children during the holidays. I love children's films. It is my prime TV watching season!
A bumble bee in a Christmas rose

Our tree is lit up, thanks to Mike. We have been tidying up and cleaning the last two days. I have done a couple of hours of ceramics.
Our tree is lit up.
Mike has baked a pear tart before I woke up yesterday. It was so delicious with almond essence in it. We have already finished it! We have lots of sweets given and bought as well. I told my mother in Japan that we are a bit like Hansel and Gretel!  Mike has bought lots of ingredients for more baking.  I am a lucky one!

Mike's rich pear tart
Megumi sent us a box of sweets from Spain. They are 'Bombones' but not like bonbons we knew. They are truffles with raspberry, pistachio, chocolate and vanilla flavours. Delicate and delicious. Thanks Megumi!
Sweets from Spain


2 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at Pumpkin the Chicken for being so random and funny at the gallery of photos. Looking at your posts that contains so many things going on about your life is quite the break for me. It makes me think that even people as successful as you could still have the kid inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bertha. Pumpkin is the queen of the family, the top rank in the pecking order! I am not as successful as you think. lol Yes, I am still very much a child at heart.

      Delete