Ta-da. After Mike's work, we went to check the kiln (firing was done), collected fired works from another kiln (all look good), and collected dry cleaning. Then I spotted this.
|Lovely Greek watermelon.|
|A long faced man!|
With this spirit, I share this with you.
|Something I made earlier.|
I didn't like the big chicken head, so decided to remake it. Mike dismantled it from the body with a hammer and chisel, but alas, the bottom part also came off. This will be the head, but I probably made it too thin. We will see.
|Now she became three pieces.|
The weekend flew by. Saturday we spent about six hours in the studio. Mike made test glazes, and I finished several small critters; monkey, chicken, chick and cat. Surprisingly small works take a long time to finish. I use underglaze, oxide, vitreous slips and glazes. I make resists here and there with tapes and waxing. It can be quite tedious.