Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday 6 January 2015

The first drumming of a woodpecker

Did you notice that sunset has become later? I now walk dogs 30 minutes later than a few weeks ago. We have also heard the first drumming woodpeckers! We are just waiting for spring to come!

Mike has mounted my Great Spotted woodpecker finally. He is in my shop now. The mount is mahogany. The branch is Amelanchier, which has been cured for several years.


He is 7cm long and porcelain. Mike made legs from copper wire. I might make a large branch with several birds later this year. That would be fun!  



 Dadadadada! :D


2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! And I think the bigger branch idea with multiple birds would look beautiful too:)

    P.S. Thank you! And a very happy new year to you too! I hope you'll have a wonderful 2015, with lots of new creatures to make, sell and send out, or keep you company as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The woodpecker has flown to Istanbul! : )
      Thank you so much! : )

      Delete