It has been a busy month so far, and no sign of slowing down yet. Bisque firing went well.
|Bisque-firing top shelf|
|Bisque firing lower shelf|
|Glaze-firing lower shelf|
Tableware and all spoons didn't go well. Good news was that all animals were successful.
|Glaze-firing, top shelf|
So that was Sunday lunch time. I also found Ice Baby, which should have been completed, didn't go well and has to be re-fired. So disappointing. Then I pulled myself together, and I started sanding the masks. Pieces of hair fell away as I touched them by mistake whilst sanding. Anytime that happened, I let a little shriek out. Mike in a next room, observed 'From disaster to catastrophe.' In the end, it took me a full two hours to repair the fallen bits. As I needed to fill the kiln, I made new spoons, too. This time, I painted black cats on them. That made me a bit cheerful! And all were re-bisque fired yesterday.
|These hair is tricky! They tend to fall away with the slightest shock!|
The bisque firing went well, thankfully despite the cold weather. Now I am preparing for glaze-firing. Ceramics is such that it doesn't necessarily go as I planned. It makes me a very patient person.